Christine Chiriac has worked since April 2018 on the project 'Histories in Motion. Memory Practices, History Cultures and Historic Learning within the German Migrant Community' in the Knowledge in Transition department (formerly Textbooks and Society). Her thesis addresses the shift in historic learning within the context of migration and diversity. Between 2016 and 2018 she worked as a research fellow in the project ‘The Holocaust and Genocide in Contemporary Education. Curricula, Textbooks and Pupils’ Perceptions in Comparison’. She had previously worked as a student assistant in the Textbooks and Society department, where she worked with the project team for ‘History textbooks and teaching in Albanian-speaking regions’ and also assisted with the ‘Children and their World’, ‘WorldViews’ and ‘EurViews’ projects for the Europa department.
She holds a master’s degree in political science from the Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz University in Hannover and Luxemburg University. Her master’s dissertation addressed 'Representations of "Germans" in Selected Romanian History Textbooks from 1910 to 2013'. Prior to her master’s studies Christine Chiriac studied International Relations and European Studies in Cluj, Romania and worked from 2009 to 2014 as a journalist for German-language media in Romania .
- Histories in Motion
- The Holocaust and Genocide in Contemporary Education. Curricula, Textbooks and Pupils’ Perceptions in Comparison
- Chiriac, C., 2019, Der deutsche Vernichtungskrieg 1941–1944 in neueren Geschichtsschulbüchern aus Belarus, Deutschland, Frankreich, Polen und der Ukraine, in: Klei, A. & Stoll, K. (Hrsg.), Leerstelle(n)? : Der deutsche Vernichtungskrieg 1941–1944 und die Vergegenwärtigung des Geschehens nach 1989, Berlin: Neofelis, p. 183-204.
- Fiedler, M. & Chiriac, C., Review of: Robert Offner et al. (Hg.): Johannes Honterus: Rudimenta Cosmographica - Grundzüge der Weltbeschreibung (Corona/Kronstadt 1542), in: H-Soz-Kult, 05.03.2019, www.hsozkult.de/publicationreview/id/rezbuecher-30640
- Chiriac, C., 2018, Einheit oder Vielfalt? Wie Rumänen und Minderheiten in Schulbüchern für Geschichte dargestellt werden, in: Deutsches Jahrbuch für Rumänien, Bukarest: ADZ, p. 127-135.
- Holocaust and Genocide in European History Curricula and Textbooks. Outcomes of the Project "The Holocaust and Genocide in Contemporary Education. Curricula, Textbooks and Pupils' Perceptions in Comparison" (in Romanian), Chişinău (MD), 30.10.2018.
- Representations of the German War of Annihilation 1941–1944 in Recent History Textbooks from Belarus, Germany, France, Poland and Ukraine (in German), Minsk (BLR), 23.09.2017.