Academic Advisory Board
The Academic Advisory Board advises the Board of Trustees, the Institute Director and the GEI's research fellows. The Board consists of members from universities from both Germany and abroad as well as members of research facilities. Members normally meet once a year in order to discuss new projects and questions of principle regarding the Institute’s academic work.
Prof. Dr. Ute Wardenga is the Academic Advisory Board Chairwoman, Prof. Dr. Gudrun Gersmann is the Academic Advisory Board Deputy Chairwoman.
The members of the Academic Advisory Board are:
- Prof. Dr. Anja Besand, Technical University of Dresden, Department of Political Science
- Prof. Dr. Bettina Dennerlein, University of Zurich/Switzerland, Department of Oriental Studies
- Prof. Dr. Peter Gautschi, University of Teacher Education Central Switzerland Lucerne
- Prof. Dr. Gudrun Gersmann, Director of the German Historical Institute Paris/France
- Prof. Dr. Michael Geyer, University of Chicago, Department of History
- Prof. Dr. Christiane Meyer, University of Hanover, Department of Natural Sciences Didactics, Section Geography Didactics
- Prof. Dr. Martin Schulze Wessel, University of Munich, Department of East and South East European History, Head of the Collegium Carolinum of Munich
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Steinbach, Technical University of Braunschweig, Department of History, Section of History and History Didactics
- Prof. Dr. Ute Wardenga, Deputy Director of the Leibniz Institute for Regional Geography in Leipzig (IfL)
Last Change: 25.09.2012